Tuesday, February 08, 2005

"vacation" is my middle name

um... yeah, so i know this may be hard to believe, but i'm going on vacation again. uh... yeah, seriously. i'm heading to san francisco for 5 days. tomorrow. well, technically today, in about 7 hours. heh.

so i'm sure you're wondering how this came to be. i think i had a breakdown of sorts and my life seriously stressed me out... i was chatting on AOL IM with a friend of mine from college that lives in san fran, and its been about a year since we last saw each other... well, obviously the stress got to me and i said "would it be ok if i visited this month?" and within an hour i had tickets leaving for the 8th of february. talk about buying on impulse. lol...

so off i go tomorrow leaving jfk on jetblue at 9:35 or something like that. i'm going by myself, visiting my two friends in the bay area. now what does this have to do with knitting, you might ask? since i do all of my ranting on either of the two "joy loses her mind" blogs located on both xanga and blogspot... this, in fact has a lot to do with knitting. i recently discovered that my friend has taken up the hobby and needs my help in reading patterns and the like. HOW EXCITING!

my excitement really comes from the fact that the last time i went out there, no one really seemed interested in the whole knitting thing but now they can't wait for my knitting visit. lol... our one friend in LA even said that the next time i come out i should try teaching her again! i just love it.

one thing i might have to ask, though... are there any knitting circles out there my friend and i could infiltrate while i'm on my little adventure out in san fran? ros actually is new to the area and doesn't know many females, so this would be great for her as well. any input my readers could give would be fantastic. thanks for your help!

and before i forget - i finished the scarf for my hunny with the star wars imperial army logo on it today! it's actually my own pattern, so i will be more than happy to post it for the many other star wars fanatics out there! i'm also working on matching hat, so that will come in time as well. onto finishing my legwarmers now.... not that i need them in san francisco, but maybe for the trip back. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home