Monday, January 31, 2005

proof!

the ugly crocheted wrap from hawaii...


adapted from the hair kerchief from "cozy crochet". i orginally started with just some multi-colored yarn in hopes to recreate the scarf my mother had made me eons ago, but my crocheting weren't exactly up to speed, so i went on to start the kerchief instead. i was so happy that i finally figured out how to crochet i just kept going! you can't tell how big it is really, but it covers most of a twin bed.

the crochet craziness continues...


with more acrylic in hand purchased from the walmart (yes, walmart) in honolulu, i made my first *correct* attempt at making a hat. this hat was made using the crazy stripe pattern from last month's family circle easy crochet magazine. i gave it to my brother, who accepted it and added it to his collection of winter wear.

while exploring my crocheting stylings, i attempted to creat my first pair of mittens using the same camoflauge acrylic yarn. it all started out great. but i got lazy. instead, i made handwarmers. lol... i don't have the camo ones to show (my bro has them to match the hat), but i have since made 5 pairs. here is a pair i had made for myself, out of one ball of calmer yarn in squirrel.

the attempted knitting in hawaii

this was one of the 3 knitting projects i had attempted while in hawaii. it honestly doesn't look like much, but i think i did a pretty good job considering there were distractions left and right. good thing it's a summer tank, so i have tons of time to finish it.

more and more crocheting...
i think kamala is jealous of all the attention my knitting and crocheting is getting...



with the confidence gained from the creation of my handwarmers, i thought "hell, might as well apply it to legwarmers too since it's frikkin cold outside!" and so i did. i like how the bottom band self-striped... ooh... unfortunately i got tired of crocheting, but i think it was because i was crocheting the same types of things... so i said, "hell, i might as well make knit legwarmers instead!" and so i did. i picked up some fingering-weight alpaca i had lying around and started making the legwarmer pattern in SnBNation. fantastic! but check them out... they seriously are the most hideous legwarmers EVER!

lol... the alpaca i have is BROWN. it's not bad, but it's really bright-dirt colored... if i may even say "sh*t brown". i like how the stripe works with it, though.

nice striping... breaks up the "sh*ttyness" of it. lol. regardless, they're going UNDER my jeans and being alpaca, they'll be incredibly warm. dammit.

ok, one last project that was completed so fast i think i need to make one for myself! my brother, the hat-ho he is, has said he wants to go into work every week with a new hat because people keep complimenting him, yadda yadda. so he comes home from work on friday night wasted off his ass, asking me to make a hat with ears and then says "put some stripes in it." yeah, that easy. i refuse to buy new yarn because i have a small mountain in my room, so i tell him what i have and what i can do. after 5 minutes of his ramblings, i just ended up drawing the structure of the hat and said "OK. draw where the stripes are." after 2 hours, here is the hat adapted from a rowan big wool pattern:

and because i couldn't resist

too much fun! extra-bulky wool made this thing SO incredibly fast and SO WARM. most definitely need to do this one again before the end of the winter season.

see? i told you i would post pictures of things i've been doing. i just hate taking pictures. (^_^) until next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaitlyn said...

that's the hat i want to make!!! You are a machine.

9:55 AM, February 01, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow! you've been busy! I really like that hat.

BTW... thanks for your advice on "To frog or not to frog"... I think I may have to froggit :( It just bugs me too much. WAH!

7:32 PM, February 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home