Friday, July 30, 2004

what do you mean "august 5th!!!"

umm... so her birthday is august 12th, right? well, her future mother-in-law decided to throw her a birthday party a whole week earlier! #@($*!

*sigh* ok, i think once this thing is done i'm going to take a little mini-vacation from knitting. much deserved, i think. or maybe i'll just switch it up to crocheting to keep my sanity. :-P

so, as promised, here is the booboo picture.

it's the 3rd to last row in the 4th panel, which i believe is a side panel. i know, i know i should've fixed it... but i'm crunched for time! bah...

so here's my current progress

as i said, it's about 5+ inches above the fan pattern, and i'm about 4 inches away from starting the fan pattern over again... hopefully i hit the next section by the weekend.

other knitting news... i have just joined my first knit-along! i will be knitting that lovely carla sweater that i posted about earlier last week. go here to join or see our progress! i will be starting later since i'm still waiting for my book + yarn, but i really can't wait. and hopefully (since i have this ridiculous deadline) i'll be finished with hush hush and start before the end of next week! lol... i just love working under pressure.

oh, and since i couldn't resist... look what i bought while at my birthday adventure last week!

yes, more hello kitty. gotta love it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the way hush hush is knitting up! I had thought about making it too, but it seems like it would take a lot of patience. This is my first time to your blog (you're two away from me in the knitting blogs webring), and I'll definitely be back!

9:51 AM, August 01, 2004  
Blogger Marnie said...

Honestly, the boo-boo is hardly noticeable. I don't think you need to feel guilty for not frogging. Isn't there a rule that every hand knit piece should have one little mistake to prove it's handmade?

What a lucky friend to be getting such a gorgeous and time consuming piece.

11:59 AM, August 02, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home